So I finally got time to create and write this lengthy ‘Blog award’ post. I participate very rarely (the posts are too lengthy, I am lazy and erratic as well as highly irregular) but I love Hannah’s blog and I am really thankful to her for nominating me for the same. So, here goes.
First and foremost, I would like to thank Hannah Gandhi for nominating me for these awards. Hannah has a beautiful art blog and I absolutely adore her pop art and doodles. I was glad that I actually came by her blog as she gives really insightful tips and tricks related to the various art forms and it has helped me out a lot while I decided to pursue sketching as a hobby, very recently. You should definitely click on the link above and give her blog a visit. Also she is always supportive of me, and I love her for that.
So, here are my answers to Hannah’s questions.
- What inspired me to write a blog? I had been ghostwriting stories and writing content for a good three years till 2018. In 2018, a special someone entered my life. I mean, sex and all is cool but do you ever get someone who writes lines for you? That is exactly what he did and despite never having written romantic poems or prose all my life, I took up the pen and decided to pen my own thoughts down. Also, I realised if I can write stories for others I can pursue the same for my own pleasure. So I created my blog to write the furor of emotions an ethereal kind of love brings, one that doesn’t seem to end. Unfortunately, that special guy and I aren’t together anymore but people say, we both are a story worth reading about! Haha! Though as time passed I have transferred my musings to my own self and observations but yes you can say he was and still is my muse even though I am not anymore.
- What are your favourite hobbies/ pastimes? My favourite hobbies would include reading novels, solitary wanderings, photography, sketching, baking (in lockdown), talking to imagined characters (it’s a well kept secret ;P) and definitely dancing (I am a trained Kathak dancer having weaved my way from Praveshika (25 ghungroos on each leg) to Prabhakar (150 ghungroos on each leg) Haha! Took me 6 years! [Again a secret that I am now sharing].
- State your favourite quote OR is there a book that changed your life? If so in what way? Well yes, I do have a favourite quote. “Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.” (Candace Bushnell, Sex and the City). I have always been one for butterflies, I don’t want a merely comfortable and mundane existence. You can call me a hopeless and eternal romantic. There is no OR. I have a favourite book and the reigning champ is always The Alchemist. I never leave anywhere without it. I am an ambivert and prefer to be by myself when I am low. That book has pulled me out of the worst situations in life, made me believe in myself and my dreams alike.
- If you could choose one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? One kind of food??? AAhhhh! That is going to be hard for a foodie like me. I keep munching nearly all the time but maybe chocolates, dark chocolates with adequate amount of sugars. Since, I am very vulnerable to mood swings they have always been my best bet. They keep me lively and going though they are usually accompanied with a cup of hazelnut coffee, yes! They definitely are my go to food near well everyday.
- What is your definition of success? Success for me simply means doing well in your life path. For me, earnings and positions have never been a path for defining success. Peace of mind and doing what you are passionate about and also developing a personality where you can empathize with others is what I conclude success to be. Being loved and respected for who you are as a person means more to me than for the position I hold or the money I splurge.
- What is your biggest fear? I am scared of the dark, not the nights, mind it. I love starry, velvety nights when the moon shines. I hate dark places, I love mystery but dark instills an unknown fear within me. Maybe it is because the dark knows a side to me that others don’t. I am known for being bold and sorted but the dark brings out even the most suppressed fears, be it of failure or lost love or otherwise. I have started taking it in a positive wake though. Hope has never been what keeps me alive and going, it is fear and my constant desire to win over it.
- What have you learned in this pandemic? You can live a pretty comfortable lifestyle without spending a lot. I realised what a materialistic and fast paced world we live in. When I got time I started cooking and baking, I had the cognizance that I spent less than half the amount and was still able to relish the delicacies (healthier versions too) that I would have ordered otherwise. Also I turned to nature and as I stopped receiving my deliveries of beauty and cleansing products I introduced aloevera, gram flour, lemon, milk and turmeric to my routine. Ah well! I really did see good results with these free to wayyyy cheaper alternatives and I was reminded of my grandmother who always swears by natural products and still has shiny clean skin and during the pandemic I understood why. Haha! Besides that I found solace in nature and family, you don’t need to travel far and wide to gain that inner peace. Coming from a small valley where you still find lawns, trees and kitchen gardens in bungalows, I found that roving that small lawn, working in the backgarden or just the evening walks on the roof or the terrace talking to my loved ones or playing with my babies (my 3 dogs) made me sort my disentangled thoughts and provided a serene calm to my ever wandering soul.
- If you won the lottery, what would you spend that money on? (Imagine that you have already won) I don’t have huge dreams. I want a small cottage in the hills with a wall library to stack my books, a warm fireplace and a cozy corner for my dogs. I will reside and write from there. I am a good samaritan so I will probably keep a little aside for old age and then donate the rest for the goodwill of animals as well as humans. I have a soft corner for animals; at times they are more humane than humans.
- What places are on your travel bucketlist to see? I am a Himalayan girl and during the pandemic I read about the Himalayan terrains a lot and even though I visit the hills every few years, I have decided to traverse the treacherous terrains and the lesser known areas of the Himalayan region and after the pandemic I have decided to keep my travels limited to the domestic regions for an year or two. I want to visit Austria again though and Japan too. I like the quieter areas everywhere, my soul seems to seek solitude wherever it goes.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? In my imagination, it’s a certainly creative space to be in. Haha! There are characters who control the universe to animals to enormous snakes that can destroy half the universe. Go figure!
So here are few of the Blogs that I love visiting and reading. It is your choice if you want to participate or not and again I apologise if you have already been nominated for the very same. Also, please don’t mind if I miss you out!! The nominations are 11 for Liebster award and 9 for Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award, so I am taking a midway out and nominating 15 bloggers for the same.
- preetpi- I think for all
- Navneet Kumar- The Horizon
- Nancy Nelson- lifestyle blogs
- Bon Repos Gites- Bonjour From Brittany
- deeply shreded- D_VYANG_TALKS
- Eddie two hawks
- Milford Street
- Shweta Suresh- My Random Ramblings
- Antalgica Poetica
- Rejoy Dey- Teenage
- the50yearoldpoet- Scribblers Arena
- Nabeel- Mind Talks
- truthisacommodity- What Now News 24
- Tisha- Brainy Essays
So, the questions are supposed to be 11 for the Liebster award and 5 for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. I am taking a midway here too and will be asking only seven questions. Here they are:
- What inspired you to start writing?
- What would be the theme song of your life?
- What has been some funny advice that someone has given you?
- If you were a drink, what would you be and why?
- Which TV sitcom would you star in?
- What talents do you possess that not a lot of people know about?
- Since its 2020, you can expect the unexpected! So, what if there is a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?
- First and foremost, thank the blogger who has nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the blogger.
- Nominate bloggers for the award. 11 for the Liebster award and 9 for the Ideal Inspiration Award; I have taken a midway and nominated 15 for the same. The nominated can participate in both or just one or not participate at all, it’s their wish
- Ask your own questions to the nominated bloggers, 11 for the Liebster award and 5 for the Ideal Inspiration award, here again I took a midway as I did a 2 in 1 blog award and asked 7 questions.
- Provide a link to the blog post to all the nominated bloggers on their sites to let them know about their nomination.
- List the rules and the picture of the blog award.
Vanya Rajwar. 2020.The Soul’s Urge.